Supplemental Insurance Information
What is supplemental health insurance?
Health insurance goes a long way toward paying your medical expenses. Plus, it’s now required by law. However, even if you have a health insurance policy, you can still face out-of-pocket expenses like deductibles, co-pays and treatment. Supplemental health insurance can reduce that burden.
What are the benefits of supplemental health insurance?
Supplemental health insurance is not meant to replace primary health insurance. But, it can help pay some medical expenses once your primary policy has paid--similar to a Medicare Supplement Insurance Policy, there are policies for the Under 65 health insurance population as well. These policies are just much more affordable. These policies help cover expenses like the following:
- Outpatient services and hospital stays such as hospital indemnity plans which pay you not the hospital or doctor for example if you are admitted in to the hospital, you can get paid up to $6,450 for one stay. Or, you can choose an option of a certain dollar amount per day. If you needed cataract surgery, you could get reimbursed for your out of pocket expenses from your insurance company.
- Critical illnesses and emergencies such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, and other lifelong or terminally diagnosed illnesses can allow you the option to receive up to 90% of your life insurance policy to help alleviate the financial burden on your family by not being able to work, and at the same time allowing you to live the rest of your life out comfortably with your loved ones.
- Private rooms and private duty nurses as well know can get quite expensive, and traditionally health insurance doesn't pay for specialized treatment. Now, we have many options to alleviate the stress of finding that "one nurse" or person that you trust to assist your loved ones in their most dire time of need.
- Deductibles and co-pays can get really REALLY expensive today. Most companies have increased the out of pocket expenses on their insured's (you) to keep their pricing low. With so many companies available, why not shop around and see what is better than the $5,000 deductible that is being thrown around.
- Unexpected childcare is not as uncommon as one might think. I know I was shocked when the one lady gave birth on the toilet and claimed she had no idea! But, needless to say, we do have option that will help cover expenses for pregnancies, including prenatal visits, vitamins and supplements, as well as complications during birth.
Get started today!
Are your medical expenses too high? A supplemental health insurance policy may be a good addition to your healthcare coverage. Call us, and we can discuss this coverage in more detail to help you determine the best plan that will keep you in good health.